I wasn’t going to write any posts like this, but then I thought why not. Since this blog is about my bike trips and other bike related things, it will be a ‘motorcycle summary’.
1. New leathers
2. Took my wee cousin for his first ride
3. Rode in the snow (same as every winter anyway)
4. New tyres
5. First attempt at getting my knee down (almost..), my boyfriend ended up on the tree with smashed bike lol.
6. Charity run for RAH Children’s Ward
7. Charity Easter Egg Run
8. Season opening ride out
9. Had a shot on my boyfriends bike
10. Run to Green welly – Inveraray – ferry to Dunoon – Largs
11. Was about to set off for my European trip, but one night before I set off I started packing and was trying to find my passport, couldn’t find it, after an hour of looking for it I asked my mum if she seen it, she said no but told me to ask my sister, and she had it. As she was handing me it, she said that my passport expired so I had to cancel my trip, my holidays at work and wait until I get a new passport before I can go for a European trip.
12. Ride to Glencoe
13. Ride to Manchester to Polish embassy to apply for a new passport.
14. Just another ride out on the back roads
15. Ride to St Mary’s Loch
16. Just a quick run
17. Camping at Loch Lomond
18. Lake District trip
19. On the traffic lights, once light changed to green I set off and an idiot came flying (they went through the red light) well above speed limit and although they didn’t hit me (missed me by inches) I lost control on my bike and came off. I was ok but it left more scratches on my bike and broken indicator. Unfortunately I didn’t get their registration number so I couldn’t do anything about it.
20. Another charity ride out
21. After one of the night runs…
22. Finally got my knee down!
23. Ride on my favourite road
24. Finally set of for my European trip, and all went well this time.
25. Bought new bike (Fireblade 1998)
26. Got a bike birthday cake
27. Bought and fitted new exhaust can on the fireblade
28. Ride out after the funeral of Zak
29. Just another run
30. A woman reversed into my bike (Suzuki) and got my hire bike when they took my bike away for inspection. After couple weeks got my bike back and got paid from the insurance, Suzuki is a cat. D write off but it’s ok as I got paid for it.
31. Perth Bike Night
32. Passed Mod1 of my cat A licence (only had A2)
33. Failed Mod2 the following day
34. End of August – set off for my next European trip
34/ 35. European Trip first to Poland for few days then Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Norway to the very north – Nordkapp, then Tromso, a huge speeding fine of 1500 pounds, back at first through Sweden to Lulea then back to Norway but more south, the Atlantic Road, Trollstigen, and then back home through Oslo, to Sweden, bridge to Denmark, Germany, and back through England to Scotland.
36. Passed my Mod2 of cat A bike test and started riding the fireblade.
37. First run to work on it
38. New tyres
39. Had to defrost the seat
40. Charity Xmas night out (pic taken just as we came in all soaked through as we got caught in torrential rain on the way there)
41. Ordered new fairings for the fireblade
42. Started fitting them
43. Got most of the fairings on just need to paint the tank add heat shields get missing bolts fit front fender get new screen and drill holes for crash protectors.
44. Got new one piece leathers
45. Started sanding the tank to prepare it for painting
That’s it. Now just to paint the tank and finish doing everything I wanted to the fireblade to get it ready for new season and do more trips in 2017.